We often hear the word web designer and it feels like they are the guys who design websites, do coding, find out issues and fix in the websites and other similar works. However, here we will be talking about the details of a web designer. If you want to learn more about the duties, you can check some web designer job descriptions on the internet.
- The web designers are the people who make designs of websites, web pages, native apps and other platforms like these. All organizations in tech sector have web designers who understand web designs and work with development teams.
- Another duty of the web designers includes designing images, illustrations and other Photoshop or image editing based tools for creating images. They are skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator and other apps that are needed for web designs.
- They design strategic planning on user experience in regards to site functions or sitemaps. Every website has certain demands like their pages, blogs, about us, contact us etc. pages that are designed first before they are given to the web developers for development.
- Designing user interface elements which are commonly used elements like buttons, alerts and more that get used across a web property like a website, web app so on. These are an integral part of a website and user experience.
- The web designers also design and build marketing campaigns that are displayed on the website for visitors. This include use of image editing and some coding as the web designers know both, image editing and coding.
- They are also responsible for writing and editing content in many cases. The web designers have better understanding of technical language so they can write catchier and more attractive content than other people when it comes to the websites. Web designer job descriptions have been including this duty as well.
- Another job duty of a web designer includes determining technical requirements. This can be explained this way. When a company decides for a website, there are a number of elements to be considered like what it will need, which platform to use, which language will best suit and other technical requirements. All this is done by a web designer.
- When a website is built and goes live, it continues to work. However, there come many moments when a website crashes, or gets hacked or people notice issues or bug etc. The web designer has a responsibility to maintain the website in the best working order and take care of it.
- Often the web designers are assigned to solve code problems. We have seen a number of web designer job descriptions quoting the web designer must know solving code problems. This the need and they are taught so it is not an issue for them.
If we summarize the duties of a web designer, it can be said they are the people who are responsible for improving user experience on a website. This includes a lot of things from web design, layout, user experience, responsive design, speed of the site, loading time, removing bugs and other works aimed at making a site better in functions.